Our reason for existence is to ensure that your patients nearing the end of life and their loving humans experience the best possible care. With your referral for a Virtual Quality of Life Consultation your clients will feel thoroughly supported through the most difficult time they face as pet owners. They will be grateful to know how much you care at the end of their pet’s life when you refer them to the experience and expertise available from the Compassionate Veterinary Hospice team.
WITH YOUR REFERRAL TO COMPASSIONATE VETERINARY HOSPICE FOR A VIRTUAL QUALITY OF LIFE CONSULTATION:
YOUR CLIENTS BENEFIT
- Feeling thoroughly supported by our multi-disciplinary approach, addressing physical, social, and psychological needs.
- Having access to our ongoing guidance and support as they navigate their pets’ (and their own) frequently changing and escalating needs.
- Gaining meaningful time with their cherished companion.
- Being prepared for the most difficult decisions with confidence, resilience and strength nurtured by our trusted, specialized, compassionate guidance and support.
- Finding their personal “path of least regrets”.
As pet owners’ lives are turned upside down by the COVID-19 epidemic, the emotions associated with the anticipated loss of their pets – grief, sadness, regret and guilt – are compounded and intensified by the change and uncertainty that surround them, making our compassionate expert support invaluable.
YOUR PATIENTS BENEFIT
With 25+ years of Hospice and Palliative care experience, Dr. Shanan helps clients understand how animals experience their last weeks, days and hours. Dr. Shanan:
- Views animals as capable and deserving to have their voices heard in the conversation about their end of life.
- Advocates “listening to and believing what the animals are telling us”.
- Deeply respects animals’ resilience, striving to protect them from end of life decisions motivated primarily by human fears.
“Listening to the animal is separate from and distinctly different than medically evaluating the animal. They are thinking and feeling beings that have opinions, preferences, and a capacity for resilience. We pay attention to and respect what they communicate.” Amir Shanan, DVM, CHPV
YOUR PRACTICE TEAM BENEFITS
- Clients will be deeply grateful for your thoughtful referral.
- By listening to and supporting your most distraught and needy clients, we improve your team morale and lessen compassion fatigue.
- We work with your team to provide a collaborative and balanced approach to hospice and palliative care.
- We can be an integral part of the compassionate care offered by your practice
Dr. Amir Shanan is recognized nationally and internationally as a pioneer and leader in the field of animal hospice and palliative care:
Refer to the expert who literally “wrote the book” on Hospice and Palliative Care for Companion Animals
Co-chair, AAHA End of Life Care for Dogs and Cats Practice Guidelines Task Force, 2016
Founder, Task force Co-chair, Animal Hospice and Palliative Care Certification Program for Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians
Founding President, International Association for Animal Hospice and Palliative Care, 200